Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Schedule a data refresh

Hi, i would like to schedule a refresh of the data but through another scheduling software. I can see you can schedule a refresh but can't see an option to run via dos powershell command which will be the option here i think.  Also i noticed You can also trigger a data refresh programmatically by using the Power BI REST API but just want to do it via DOS/ powershell or similar.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
andris
Resolver I
Resolver I

HI.

Data refresh is actually done by SQL Server agent job - when you create refresh task in Report Manager, new SQL Server job is created. So, to trigger a refresh, you can start this job via PowerShell, for example.

Regards

Andris

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thanks not totally ideal I think.

Do you know if there any errors coming back from the SQL Agent will it be reported back ok to the calling process. Also when the scheduled proceess runs it may have to wait for the Agent to finish executing. Do you know if that works ok.

I was hoping that i can call an executable to run the job, calling the SQL Agent may just do things in the background which is not my requirement? Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.