Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Schedule Refresh

Hi Team,

I have Power Bi report in Report Server in which data will be refreshed daily.

We can an option called Scheduled refresh to refresh the data at particular intervals of time daily and in that concept we have two data sources like EXCEL and SQL.

I have worked individually  for different reports with Excel as an input for one file and created a Scheduled Refresh - It worked and similar for SQl too.

Now I have an Requirement  that we have Two input files coming from two Data sources one is Excel and other is SQL .

So can i use both the Data sources in Single Power BI Report and Schedule the refresh?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes., just try it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The Scheduled refresh with two input files, once is excel and other is SQL database has worked successfully,

How ever in order to schedule the refresh we need to provide our user credentials at back end.

and if the password expires after three months i need to update my password to all the Power BI report published in server.

which is time consuming , do we have any other option for this?

Can you please assist me.

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please create and use a service account and grant the permissions to the new account. This is the recommended way of using sources with authentication.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any procedure or prerequisties to create a service account.

Do i need to contact power bi support team or can i do by my own

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, that’s only a active directory account, created by your IT department.
I prefer that the password never expires and the pass’s also cannot be changed.This user can be used by every automated process on your department.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.