cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Schedule Refresh is updating Data but not Report

We have a scheduled refresh working on the report server, which successfully refreshes the data, however if i then try and open the updated report via PBI desktop, it doesnt open up the report with the updated data.  It only opens the report which was last 'uploaded' to the server.

Eg

On the 20th May, I upload a PBI report to the report server.

A daily scheduled refresh runs on the 21st and 22nd successfully. 

On the 22nd, if you open the report from the report server, it opens the report with the updated data from the 21st and 22nd.

If you open the report via PBI desktop (selecting the report to open from the report server), it opens the report that was uploaded on the 20th May, and without the data that was added as part of the refresh on the 21st and 22nd.

How can i open the report in PBI  desktop that has the updated data from the scheduled data refreshes?

thanks in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors