Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sudhakar510
Helper I
Helper I

Schedule Refresh hitting memory and fails

Hi Currently we have Server Memory Issue I beleive.

Previously we used to use direct query and performance is very poor as first time I started using Import Method by using same SQL Script in Advance option.

When I refresh in Power BI Desktop it is running successfully (SQL is coming from Pre Prod) and retrieving latest data all good.

But when we change the data source to Prod to deploy in server(SQL is coming from Prod) and it is hitting the memory and not refreshing at all and it is failing to get the data. Is it because of Server Memory Size and how can it be fixed.

Note:- Power BI desktop is 450 MB and I have 4 SQL Scripts and each script retrieves around 10K of rows which means 40K Rows max. There is no additonal steps in Power Query because all calcualtions done in SQL.

Please Help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sudhakar510 ,

For import mode, there is a size limit on the imported data sources. When it exceeds 1GB, an error message will be prompted.

vhenrykmstf_0-1662605557012.png

For more details, you can read below document:

Dataset modes in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sudhakar510 ,

For import mode, there is a size limit on the imported data sources. When it exceeds 1GB, an error message will be prompted.

vhenrykmstf_0-1662605557012.png

For more details, you can read below document:

Dataset modes in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sudhakar510
Helper I
Helper I

Any Inputs highly appreciated:-)🤝

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.