cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Otey86 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

SSRS to PowerBI

In Visual Studio I am using "=Iif((CountRows("Metallugy") < 1), True, False)" to hide a textbox. When testing the script in Visual Studio it works just fine but when I send it to the server of PowerBI I get the following error(see below). I'm using Version 1.2.6660.39920 (Build 15.0.2.389), Released: March 28, 2018. Does anyone know if the update (Version 1.2.6690.34729 (Build 15.0.2.402), Released: April 27, 2018) fixes this issue?

The Hidden expression for the text box ‘NumOfReports’ contains an error: Request failed. (rsProcessingError)

• The Hidden expression for the text box ‘NumOfReports’ contains an error: Request failed. (rsRuntimeErrorInExpression)
2 REPLIES 2
stpnet Established Member
Established Member

Re: SSRS to PowerBI

Have you tried using 1 and 0 ? instead of True and False? alternatively is the case of true and false important?

Highlighted
Otey86 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: SSRS to PowerBI

Thank you for the reply. The true and false statement isn't needed as of yet but for future maybe. I've also tried

Sum(Fields!NumOfReports.Value, "Met") < 1 with no luck of getting PowerBi to work. I was told that the method worked before the update to Version 1.2.6660.39920 (Build 15.0.2.389). Just wondering if the latest update would fix this issue I'm having.

As of now I have tried the following scripts with no luck:

=Iif((CountRows("Met") < 1), True, False)

=Sum(Fields!NumOfReports.Value, "Met")

=True=isnothing(First(Fields!NumOfReports.Value, "Met") < 1)

This is leading me to think it's a bug with the updated version we are currently using (Version 1.2.6660.39920 (Build 15.0.2.389)).

Once again thank you for you reply.