Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

SSRS and PowerBI

Hi All

Apologies for my ignorance, my company has just installed Power BI Server and we are taking it out for a trial run.

My question is around SSRS. We've developed a lot of SSRS reports on Visual Studio. Is it possible to save these into Power BI Server as opposed to our SSRS server?

I'm not talking about migrating existing SSRS reports onto Power BI - more just saving it into Power BI. I feel like this should be easy to do but when doing so, i get these errors:

An error has occured during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Cannot read the next data row for the dataset ds<name>. (rsErrorReadingNextDataRow)

For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local sevrer machine, or enable remote errors.

Does anyone have any experience doing this?

Thanks

Kenneth

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

This usually indicates an issue in the query and or data source connection causing an error. If you try and look at these reports on the Server itself (while remoted on) using http:\\localhost\reports\ you shoudl see something more meaningful. If you can't remote onto the PBI-SSRS Server you will have to enable remote error reporting as suggested to see the undelrying issue

We have migrated our old SSRS reports onto our new PBI-SSRS Server without any issues, although the permissions were a pain to copy over. So what you are doing is the right way to go about it and should work

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors