Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AW1976NOVA
Post Patron
Post Patron

SSRS Nested SUM ( IIF Expression Need to Group By Date Please Help

I am new to SSRS and have a SUM(IIF question.

My data set contains four columns: Date, GroupID, PlanPaid, and NetworkIndicator.

Here is an example of the data set:

Capture.PNG

I am trying to SUM the [PlanPaid] amount when [NetworkIndicator] = "In Network".

However, I need this amount broken up by the [Date]. I tried accomplishing this by creating the expression:

=Sum(IIf(Fields!NetworkIndicator.Value = "In Network" , Fields!PlanPaid.Value , Nothing) , "Claims_Rolling12")

But this expression returns the same amount across all [Dates]:

Capture2.PNG

How do I break it up so that it is grouped by the correct [Date]?  I want it to return this:

Capture3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

Adding the "Claims_Rolling12" argument means that it's summing over that context instead of just the local context.

In this case, I think you can stick with just Sum(Fields!PlanPaid.Value) and put a NetworkIndicator filter on the entire Tablix.

AlexisOlson_0-1649275847507.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

Adding the "Claims_Rolling12" argument means that it's summing over that context instead of just the local context.

In this case, I think you can stick with just Sum(Fields!PlanPaid.Value) and put a NetworkIndicator filter on the entire Tablix.

AlexisOlson_0-1649275847507.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors