Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SSRS Branding impact on PBI report menu

Hi... we're running PBI Report Server on premise to host our reports. We're now looking to apply custom Branding to our Report Manager: SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services Custom Branding Example

However, I'm can't seem to find which interface colourings impact the menu in Power BI reports. Our current brand is making the PBI top menu appear with White on Light Gray, which isn't ideal for readability as seen here:

Does anyone know which interface pairs are applied to the PBI menu?

Thanks in advance
Scott

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is "primaryContrast" for Power BI menu font color.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So the only meaningful sources of infor I have found are

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sqlrsteamblog/2016/03/20/how-to-create-a-custom-brand-package-for-r...

The relevant bit of this blog is

Primary Section – button colors, hover colors
Secondary Section – title bar color, search bar, the left-hand menu (when present), and text color for those items
Neutral Primary – Home background, Reports Area background
Neutral Secondary – Text Box background, Folder Options background, Settings Menu
Neutral Tertiary –  Site Settings backgrounds
Danger/Warning/Success Messages
KPI colors (Good – Green, Bad – Red, Neutral – Orange, None – Black)

There's an Excel editor with the style names that you download in this codeplex archive

https://archive.codeplex.com/?p=ssrsbrandingfileeditor

I think the color for that menu is coming from the "primaryAlt4" setting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Darren (and stpnet) for your reply. I'll be back onto finalising the branding next week, so will confirm back then.

PS - Darren I referenced some of your World Tour PBI slide deck this week when presenting some Data Viz concepts to a finance team I've joined this year. I thought you would like to know that your material is appreciated and used. Cheers.

@Anonymous wrote:

PS - Darren I referenced some of your World Tour PBI slide deck this week when presenting some Data Viz concepts to a finance team I've joined this year. I thought you would like to know that your material is appreciated and used. Cheers.

Oh Cool. Thanks for taking the time to let me know, it's nice to hear when people have been able to take material like that and apply it in their workplace.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors