Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Grumelo
Advocate II
Advocate II

SSAS 1400 - Web Data Source

First of all, I think a new Location should be created for SSAS 1400. "Report Server" is the wrong location for this post but I don't have a better one...

This new compatibility level of SSAS allows you to use on M Query language to define the Data Source of your Model.

In a way this is the alternative to the Content Packs on Power BI online.

You can develope your Tabular Data Model with Power BI desktop and then implement it on SSAS without having to recode your queries with SSIS.

My issue is that todays SSAS 1400 accept JSON File as a Data Source but only local files.

MS Excel or Txt files are accepted too but always as local file only.

How could it be I can not used the very basic Web Content connector ??!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Willson_Yuan
Frequent Visitor

@Grumelo

Thnaks for your question.

>>>My issue is that todays SSAS 1400 accept JSON File as a Data Source but only local files.

For this issue, I agree with you.  We can only connect to local files currently.  I would recommend to submit it to the Microsoft feedback at this link https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server. This connect site will serve as a connecting point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the large community for you and Microsoft to interact with. Your feedback enables Microsoft to offer the best software and deliver superior services, meanwhile you can learn more about and contribute to the exciting projects on Microsoft feedback. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Willson_Yuan
Frequent Visitor

@Grumelo

Thnaks for your question.

>>>My issue is that todays SSAS 1400 accept JSON File as a Data Source but only local files.

For this issue, I agree with you.  We can only connect to local files currently.  I would recommend to submit it to the Microsoft feedback at this link https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server. This connect site will serve as a connecting point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the large community for you and Microsoft to interact with. Your feedback enables Microsoft to offer the best software and deliver superior services, meanwhile you can learn more about and contribute to the exciting projects on Microsoft feedback. 

Thanks for the link.

I have posted by request on the SQL 2017 feedback form.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.