Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tania_AVUB
Regular Visitor

SAP B1 and Power BI connection ERROR- since new update

Hi All,

I used to connect to SAP B1 and get all tables from the  HANA database using ODBC power BI connector(It had an option of SAP HANA database).

However since the update, ODBC do not have an option of SAB HANA database.

Therefore I have to connect using SAP HANA DATABASE connector, but instead of tables, i get SAP views as below:

tania_AVUB_0-1666885185487.png

Please help and advise how I can get SAP HANA database tables, such as ORDR or RDR1 etc once connection is established instead of views or functions.

Thank you

#sap #powerbi
@pbi_user_rdg 

@Khristian 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tania_AVUB ,

Connect SAP HANA databases in Power BI Desktop, you must have the SAP HANA ODBC driver installed on the local client computer for the Power BI Desktop's SAP HANA data connection to work properly.

Please confirm the ODBC exist now.

For more details, you can read related document: Use SAP HANA in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you  SAP HANA ODBC driver was installed already, it just required configuration

Thanks,

Tania

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tania_AVUB ,

Connect SAP HANA databases in Power BI Desktop, you must have the SAP HANA ODBC driver installed on the local client computer for the Power BI Desktop's SAP HANA data connection to work properly.

Please confirm the ODBC exist now.

For more details, you can read related document: Use SAP HANA in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you  SAP HANA ODBC driver was installed already, it just required configuration

Thanks,

Tania

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.