Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

drenvir

Reporting Services Error about version of the report server database

Hi all,

After I install report server, start service and connect to SQL server success. But when i access to web portal, I received an error:

Reporting Services Error

• The version of the report server database is either in a format that is not valid, or it cannot be read. The found version is '2017'. The expected version is '162'. (rsInvalidReportServerDatabase) Get Online Help

SQL Server Reporting Services

I don't know why. I install Report Server in Windows Server 2012 and Config to SQL Server 2012.

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jon-Heide
Employee
Employee

The version of the catalog database is a newer version that your server expects. I would do the following:

1. Don't install side by side versions on the same machine unless you have to

2. Make sure to backup your encyption key and detach the catalog database

3. If you can try a clean installation of the latest version of SSRS, and attached the backed up catalog DB

If you can't try a clean installation, double check that you have the latest patch version of the product and that youre URL reservations are correctly bound. You can do this through the configuration tool and double checking with netsh http show urlacl

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jon-Heide
Employee
Employee

The version of the catalog database is a newer version that your server expects. I would do the following:

1. Don't install side by side versions on the same machine unless you have to

2. Make sure to backup your encyption key and detach the catalog database

3. If you can try a clean installation of the latest version of SSRS, and attached the backed up catalog DB

If you can't try a clean installation, double check that you have the latest patch version of the product and that youre URL reservations are correctly bound. You can do this through the configuration tool and double checking with netsh http show urlacl

drenvir

Hi all,

I installed Report Server in windows server 2012, Connect to MS SQL Server 2012.

I start service success, config web portal success.

But when i access to web portal in browser. I got an error with message:

Reporting Services Error

• The version of the report server database is either in a format that is not valid, or it cannot be read. The found version is '2017'. The expected version is '162'. (rsInvalidReportServerDatabase) Get Online Help

SQL Server Reporting Services

Thanks for your advices!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.