Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ZackMuc

Reportbuilder Access to a Reporting Server behind ADFS / WAP Server

How can I connect with reportbuilder to a sql / report server behind a WAP Reverse Proxy?

Regards Peter

5 REPLIES 5
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ZackMuc ,

Please try below steps:

1. Configure the Report Server

2. Configure Active Directory Federation Services(ADFS)

3. Configure Web Application Proxy(WAP)

For more details, you can read related document: Use Web Application Proxy and Active Directory Federated Services - Power BI Report Server - Power B...

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Of course this is already all configured, but how do i configure report builder to get the ADFS Login Dialog to authenticate to the ADFS, when i want to access from a total different domain not connected to the Domain of Reporting Services

@ZackMuc wrote:

when i want to access from a total different domain not connected to the Domain of Reporting Services

Short answer is that you cannot do this. To authenticate to the Report Server the user either has to be in the same domain or in a domain with a trust realtionship to the domain where Report Server is installed. If you cannot meet either of these requirements then you cannot authenticate.

The only work around is to create users in the domain where Report Server is installed for people that need to user Report Builder.

The Problem is it is in our cloud where we cannot give the user access

Does anyone have knowledge about ADFS / WAP and ReportBuilder?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors