Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

ReportServer / Pro / Premium

Hi Everyone :
We are planning to move to PowerBI in my organisation, but I'm a bit lost with the possible choices for this solution.

For the moment, we are using PowerBI Free Desktop.
We do not have any Power BI Pro Licences.

We also have some SQL Server Entreprise with Software Assurance and so it seems that we have already access to licences for Power BI Report Server.

Our goal is to enable our BA/BI Analyst to publish their viz and dashboards to a common place (this Power BI Report Server?) for our internal clients.

Do we still need to purchase a Power BI Premium Licence?
I 've understood that we just need to purchase Pro Licence (as we already have a Power BI Report Server Licence) . Am I Right?

Thank you for your help

Romain

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

No you don't need a Pro licence, but good to have one if you require to publish externally public dashboard.

Is your SQL EA Enterprice Core licences. As it needs to be Enterprise Core.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Furthermore, you will need to not use the current Power BI Desktop you are using and use the Power BI Desktop for Report Server. It will have a bracket with the year and month release, currently January 2019. From this release they have also changed the colours of the icon to identify the 2. The one for report server is same as the one you are using but is inverted in colour. It is predominantly black

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.