Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report server on premise - how to change size of max dataset in SSMS

Hi everybody, 

I have a problem with some datasets that need to be available in reporting server. Unfortunately we passed the limit of 1GB.
From the change logs i can see that there is an option to change the dataset size from default 1GB to 2 GB but i cannot find in the config.

Have someone did it and can pass me a screen where the option is ?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
saglamtimur
Resolver II
Resolver II

Do you mean max file size? If so from Server Properties -> Advanced

server properties.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@saglamtimur  Thanks for help, i chacked on 2 instances but i have completely different GUI and no field like that.

The Tree is the same but has a lot more options in my case. 😞

We have raw PowerBI RS not SSMS . i looked in config.web aswell but there are no options like that.

So i'm stuck with 1 gb max filesize.

Power BI Report Server creates a database and "Server Type" which you can connect with SSMS. Where are you looking for this configuration? You must connect to "Reporting Services" "Server Type" with SSMS even it's Power BI Report Server. It's 99.99% percent same. Here is a short video, I have recored for you to show how to do this. Hope it helps.

Video Link 

If my post solved your problem, mark my post as a solution to help others to quickly find it and also please give it a 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.