Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hassieidris

Report fails to connect to data server

Good day

I have been stuck with this issue for the past couple of days. I am building powerBi reports as part of my job using direct queries and accessing data from a SQL server. Before everytime i would open up the report powerBI would have a pop up asking to validate the data and i would click 'ok' and the report would work. Ihave not changed any credentials or settings but for some reason that pop up does not come up and the model opens but then i get the error shown in the following screenshot, cannot find any fix online, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2020-09-28 082152.jpg

Kind regards,

Hasaan 

1 REPLY 1
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Looks like a permission issue on the Data source side.

What is your actual data source? Are you able to access this database in your machine on other applications? like SSMS or Excel?

Can you please check whether the user that is being used in the model has the proper permissions to database or tables?

Is this happening when you open your report on the PBIRS desktop? 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.