cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIAB Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Report couldn't access the data source

Hello!  I'm getting an error when using Power BI Services with a live connection to SSAS.  Yesterday I granted NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users with Analaysis Server administrator and at that point I was able to use the report in Power BI Services with the live connection to SSAS.  But I don't thing that it is best practice to grant every user with administrator access to SSAS.  Not only that but I'm trying to implement row level security from SSAS and I believe that if the user has server administrator access then row level security wont have an impact.

I'm just wondering what I'm missing that by giving the user with administrator access to ssas the user can access the live data but when the user does not have administrator access they get the error "Report couldn't access the data source"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BIAB Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Report couldn't access the data source

Solved by deleting the database role and re-creating it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BIAB Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

By the way I did create a Role in the Model granting the user with read access to the data

BIAB Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

And Yes, the account I'm using for the On Premise Gateway has administrator access to SSAS.  Connection is successfull from the gateway to the data source.

BIAB Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Solved by deleting the database role and re-creating it.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 134 members 1,511 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: