Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jcollinson2001
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Report comments

In RS users can post comments on a particular report:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/report-server/add-comments

Does anyone know if it's possible to be notified when a comment is posted?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
chrisfin
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

While we don't currently have this functionality in the product directly, but you could potentially use Microsoft Flow or some other service to send a note when a new comment is entered into the table in the catalog database. 

This is something we're considering for a future release, but don't have a specific timeline when we'd be able to go ahead with that work at this time.

Thanks!

During testing, I noticed that when a comment is deleted from the Report Server, it is also deleted from the Comments database table. Is this going to change so that all comments are left within the table (with a flag that shows as deleted), even though no longer visible on the Report Server? 

No, we're not planning on changing that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chrisfin 

Do we have the feature enabled in the Power Bi Report Server where a business user can use '@ username' and a notification is sent to the 'user' regarding the same?

I see this features availabl in Power Bi Cloud services, but since our company is still using PBIRS, we still have to sent emails for any comments on the reports/dashboards, which become confusing over time when there are multiple questions/responses. 

No, this feature isn't planned.

weightj
Frequent Visitor

I have the same question and desire!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.