Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report builder showing external images in Design Mode Only

I am trying to run a report with an image column (external web service images) and all I get are Red X's for the images. The images show fine in Power BI and also I can see them in design mode (single image only), but when I run the report they stop showing.

eg. https://valeformsprod.blob.core.windows.net:443/form-response-attachments/area-634/form-5446/1131b3f...

Design Mode:

SASCHOE_0-1607522768012.png

Report Run:

SASCHOE_1-1607522883444.png

9 REPLIES 9
EMAMO
Regular Visitor

Hi SASCHOE,

I have currently the same problem. Did you manage to fix your ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry no, I changed to links and moved on.

If the image allows unauthenticaed access, you can set it as an expression. ="https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2016/10/10/16/48/dragonfly-1729157_1280.jpg" for example.

Hi bradsy,

It's works when I'm in design mode, the image displays. But when I run my report, there is still a red cross in preview mode.

I saw a few post and explanation about allowing unauthenticafed access but I did not figure out how it works, how to set up in power bi report builder. Can you help me ?

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

If the link works in a web browser without having to authenticate, then it should work in preview too. Can you try it as an expression? ="imagelink"

Hi bradsy,

Have you seen my previous response ?

Best regards

The link works well in a web browser but still not in preview mode even if I put the link as an expression.

EMAMO_2-1621276767461.png

EMAMO_0-1621276632313.png

EMAMO_1-1621276693730.png

Sorry, but I don't know why it does not work for you. You may consider contacting support?

Well I'm going to do that. Thanks for the help and to have tried to resolve my problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.