Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tkmiro
Regular Visitor

Report builder - how to create rows based on other rows

Hello everybody. 

I'm not sure if the name of this post is descriptive enough, but I'll try to describe my problem better here. I've been working with Report builder for 2 days, so please be kind if my question is stupid.

I have a table where I have multiple columns with data(numbers) and one column based on which I'm summing those numbers. Something like this:

Naming columnData_column_xData_column_yData_column_zData_column_q
US    
Germany    

Now, what I need is: for some countries I need rows which would be basically the same country name, but with some kind of % values. So it would be named something like "US[%]" and "Germany[%]" For those rows I need to calculate the values. Calculation might be something like this: (Data_column_x for US)/(Data_column_x for Germany) or (Data_column_x for India)/(Data_column_x for Germany). So there would be always Germany data involved in the calculations, cause it's percentage Germany data.

There are 2 problems here: How to create those rows, which would be based on already existing row names, so basically duplicating certain row names with addition of some sort of "flag" (e.g. [%]). And another one is how to get data for one specific country so I can use it in my calculations for those rows. 

My amateur idea was to create new dataset with data only for that one country which I need in those calculations, but I was not able to combine 2 datasets in one table.

Thank you very much in advance for all the tips!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @tkmiro 

First, you can reference these tutorials to study how to use report builder.

Report Builder Tutorials - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | Microsoft Docs

How tp create measure:

Solved: How to use measures in power bi report builder whi... - Microsoft Power BI Community

You can reference this tutorial to learn how to  combine 2 datasets data in one table. 

Solved: Paginated report - nested tables with different da... - Microsoft Power BI Community

If you don’t know more about how to use report builder, the easiest way is to copy the effect you want in PBI desktop to the report builder.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @tkmiro 

First, you can reference these tutorials to study how to use report builder.

Report Builder Tutorials - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | Microsoft Docs

How tp create measure:

Solved: How to use measures in power bi report builder whi... - Microsoft Power BI Community

You can reference this tutorial to learn how to  combine 2 datasets data in one table. 

Solved: Paginated report - nested tables with different da... - Microsoft Power BI Community

If you don’t know more about how to use report builder, the easiest way is to copy the effect you want in PBI desktop to the report builder.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.