Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FCrespo85
Frequent Visitor

Report Usage Metrics not update

Hi ,

Some of the reports using Report Usage Metrics do not seem to be updated.

We use this data, can someone tell me what happens?

Thank you so much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @FCrespo85 

I am not sure if I get your point..
It is not the first time that there is an issue with usage metrics on MS side. I hope that when the ussue is fixed - data will be recovered. I had a problem with usage metrics few weeks ago, after it was fixed, lot of data was recovered.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Sudhir_M1992
Frequent Visitor

I'm also facing the same issue. Usage Metric report in some of workspace not updated since May 2022 so is there anyone who can help me out in this

ChristianRHouen
Helper III
Helper III

Any news on this issue? 

Usage metrics for some of my reports are working fine, but others show nothing at all. Even when i export to Excel

My ticket was closed, but issue is not fixed. They said, that they are working on it, but can't say any ETA.

Problem exists for v2 workspaces only.

First, stop using default version of usage metrics. Make your own copy of this report and remove 'Report GUID' field from report filter. The same report can have more than one report GUID (I don't know why).

In 'my usage metrics report' (without Report GUID in report filter) - right now I see data for 'content packs' (v2 workspaces), but the same data is showed for 'sharing' - so it means I have double data in terms of number of views.

Example:

User reviewed report via app - > In usage metrics I see two records: 1 view for 'content pack', 1 view for 'sharing' (2 views instead of 1)

Hi,

I know this thread is old but I´m experiencing the same problem.

For one of my reports, the usage metrics report doesn´t updated sind April 15th.

Did anybody have this problem ind the last time an knows how to fix it?

Thanks and kind regards

Chris

jiler
Frequent Visitor

I am not getting the option to for metrics from users who view the report from the app? My distribution methods filters are: Blank, Sharing, Workspace. Is anyone else have this problem? 

I really need to see who is viewing my reports from the app. 

Thanks.

Hi @jiler 

If you shared the report via app you should have option 'Content Pack - ...' in 'Distribution Method'. I asked about this MS Support Team, bacause I noticed the same for one of my workspaces. I will let you know when I get a response.

Anna

@anna_k_kisielYes, please let me know what Microsoft says! I am not getting the Content Pack option for any of my Apps. I currently have 4 apps and do not see that option in any of the report metrics. Thanks!

you can see that on "platforms" (filters: mobile/web).

VA

Awareness:

"Some customers may be impacted by incomplete Usage Metrics starting from 7/18/19. Engineers are investigating the issue."

FCrespo85
Frequent Visitor

how can you recover the days before day 25?

Thank you

Hi @FCrespo85 

I am not sure if I get your point..
It is not the first time that there is an issue with usage metrics on MS side. I hope that when the ussue is fixed - data will be recovered. I had a problem with usage metrics few weeks ago, after it was fixed, lot of data was recovered.

Hello 

We have the same issue  but I didn't found your solutin 

Could you please give us the solution ?

Thanks in advance

Nicolas  

Hi,

I couldn´t do anything about it. But after some time, the report started updating again.

The time it didn´t update was about a period of two weeks.

best

chris

VA

Having the same problem. Usage metrics reports are missing data since 2019/07/15.

Any solution???

I am submitting incident to Microsoft.

anna_k_kisiel
Regular Visitor

I am observing similar issue. Usage metrics reports are missing some data since 2019/07/18

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.