Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

skumar0105
Helper II
Helper II

Report Usage Metrics Report is not getting refreshed after 10th Sep-22

Hi,

I have created a Report Usage Metrics Report from my report, as per default refresh rate it was getting refreshed till 10th Sep-22 at 17:40 hrs (IST) but now it has suddenly stopped refreshing. there is no error displayed as of now.

skumar0105_0-1663216531464.png

Whereas Usage metrics report is getting refreshed daily and has no issue.

skumar0105_1-1663216606123.png

Can anyone help?

Regards

Satish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi team,

Surprisingly the Report usage metrics report has started working from last 04 days.

i think issue is now resolved for me.

Regards

Satish

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @skumar0105 ,

Please first make sure the Usage Metrics setting in Tenant setting is enabled:

vhenrykmstf_1-1663295570912.png

If you suspect data consistency or refresh issues, it might make sense to delete the existing Usage Metrics Report dataset. Then you can run View Usage Metrics again to generate a new dataset with its associated usage metrics reports.

vhenrykmstf_0-1663295356887.png

you can use the following procedure to display the usage metrics:

• Open the workspace that contains the report for which you want to analyze the usage metrics.
  • From either the workspace content list, open the context menu of the report and select View usage metrics report. Alternatively, open the report, then open the context menu on the command bar, and then select Usage metrics.
  • The first time you do this, Power BI creates the usage metrics report and lets you know when it's ready
  • To see the results, select View usage metrics.
  • If this is the first time you do this, Power BI might open the old usage metrics report. To display the improved usage metrics report, in the upper right corner, toggle the New usage report off switch to On.

For more details, you can read below document:

Monitor usage metrics in workspaces (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Same issue here, why are all the workspaces' Usage report dataset stop to update?

Even when the dataset seems to be 'refresh' but the data in the report is still not showing any date after 9th September onwards.

bcteh_0-1663660316615.png

Hi @v-henryk-mstf,

Thanks for the response.

The Usage metrics option in tenant setting is enabled, refer below screen shot:

skumar0105_0-1663481635947.png

further i just want to make sure that, deleting the existing Usage Metrics Report dataset must not cause any lose of previous data, since it is critical.

Keeping that in mind i have created a new Usage metrics report for my another report of workspace. though the new usage metrics report is getting refreshed as per schedule, but the format of new report is also different. hence it does not resolved my problem.

The information i need from Usage Metrics Report is the underlying data, which should contain these much of columns:

skumar0105_4-1663482802314.png

Whereas what i am getting is Data with current layout and Summarised data only. underlying data option is not eanbled.

skumar0105_2-1663482337881.png

only 03 columns are generated from both the reports:

skumar0105_3-1663482498893.png

is there any other method by which i can get atleast details of viewers like User Principle Name, Views, Date, Report Page, Family Name & Given Name.

Also, just want to make sure that Power BI team may not have stopped this option of generating Report Usage Metrics having Bar Chart in Yellown (Shown in my earlier message), since the underlying data option was available in Report Usage Metrics only.

Regards

Satish  

Hi team,

Surprisingly the Report usage metrics report has started working from last 04 days.

i think issue is now resolved for me.

Regards

Satish

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.