Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lutinho
Frequent Visitor

Report Server only: The key didn't match any rows in the table..

Hello everyone.

I work for a company which has multiple locations. Each location uses the same ERP but with a different SQL database. I started to copy my Power BI reports to a different country. The copied reports work perfectly well on my local instance of Power BI (optimized for report server) but as soon as I upload them to the report server and set a scheduled refresh, the refresh will bring in the pain:

SessionID: c12ff3d8-db52-484b-a191-999c7a33825c
[0] -1055784932: The key didn't match any rows in the table.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
[1] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

I am familiar with the "the key didnt match..."-error, it is usually caused by a changed table name. I find it strange that refreshes work perfectly fine on my local machine, but the report server can't perform the same refresh.. This makes bugfixing this issue a lot harder.

The way I went about 'copying' the reports to other database was simply changing all references in the Advanced Editor in the Power Query Editor. This has worked fine in the past.

If someone has any tips as to what I can try, please let me know! Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@Lutinho wrote:

I am familiar with the "the key didnt match..."-error, it is usually caused by a changed table name.

This error can also be cause by permissions issues. One possible explanation for this error is that the credentials used in the scheduled refresh do not have access to all the tables. Are you using the same credentials that you used in Desktop or are they different? If they are different you will need to double check the permissions or talk to your DBA about this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@Lutinho wrote:

I am familiar with the "the key didnt match..."-error, it is usually caused by a changed table name.

This error can also be cause by permissions issues. One possible explanation for this error is that the credentials used in the scheduled refresh do not have access to all the tables. Are you using the same credentials that you used in Desktop or are they different? If they are different you will need to double check the permissions or talk to your DBA about this.

Hey @d_gosbell , thanks for your solution. There was indeed an issue involving rights. I was unaware that I was using different credentials in Power BI desktop than my own. It must've remembered these from when my own credentials didnt have the needed rights yet. I thought it would've automatically changed back the my current Windows credentials when setting up a new connection.

Anyway, when I changed back to the correct credentials, PBRS returned the following error: "Credentials are required to connect to the SQL source."

I fixed this by reuploading the whole report with a different name.

Thanks again, @d_gosbell 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.