Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Antonio195754
Helper IV
Helper IV

Report Server not refreshing with scheduler any longer when using intranet URL

All -

I have a feeling this is b/c maybe a recent change with the server (?) but i have a data set i pull from a website/URL that can be accessed through our company Intranet.  When it did work, i had it setup as windows authentication both in the PBI file and on the server, and the security was default to none.  Worked beautifully.  This was in July-August time from of this year.  Now, i get an error showing this: "The credentials provided cannot be used for the Web source. (Source at http://supplychain.web.com). The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface"

So, has something changed recently that PBI can no longer pull data within an intranet site?  In the desktop app, i can manually refresh the file still by windows authentication (using current credentials option), and even using anonymous.  But on the server side, it hates it now.

The work around is to refresh in the app and then upload, but what prefer to go back to using the scheduler for this dashboard.

1 REPLY 1
KBO
MVP

HI @Antonio195754 ,

I guess you do this in the Power BI Service because the was no update from the Report Server since May-2020. May be you shift your question to the "Service" I guess you will get a quicker answer then here :).

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.