Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report Server & Python...

Hi All,

Does Report Server & its Power BI front end support Python? If so does Python for a report run on the backend in some sort of container?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Arjunarao
Resolver I
Resolver I

@Anonymous 

Can you please elaborate more on this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Basically when Python is run and you have a report with Pythong script where is it run? On the user client who is viewing the report or on the back end or the BI Report Server??  If that is the case what is it run on? A special instance of a Python Script runner?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure this isn't supported on the current version of SSRS-PBI. There are no "Preview" features available in options in SSRS-PBI Desktop. No idea if this will make it to the release due next month but looking back I suspect not as the turnaround is usually at least a few weeks from the feature being in GA on the Web Service and the Python stuff is still in preview.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Power BI this month had GA Python release. Since it was in Preview back in August it probably has he Preview version (I hope).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.