Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report Server Security - Allow download (or edit in Desktop), but not upload of reports

Our organization would like to allow certain power users the ability to down load or "edit in Power BI Desktop" on some reports. 

We do not want any users (other than admins) to be able to upload or publish reports to the Power BI Report Server. 

I couldn't find any security role that would allow for download, but prevent uploading of reports. 

Is there an option for that? I find the security roles to be very limited and would like more granularity. 

Hopefully more options to download (properly!) as a pdf, analyze in Excel, etc will be added to the Report Server. 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm keen to hear from anyone on this too. I've currently trying to investigate this same topic and the Microsoft article talking about the roles isn't very helpful to clarify this

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.