Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Joe99
Frequent Visitor

Report Server Scheduled refresh to sharepoint not working

Trying to set data source in report server data sources to sharepoint.

There are 2 options

Anonymys and windows

It works in the desktop but does not work when setting up te data source in powerbi report server.

Very frustrating when you tell the customer it can be done and there is an issue.

5 REPLIES 5
KeithYoung
Regular Visitor

I am having same issue.  Is sharepoint lists still unsupported?

AJM

I am having the same issue, SharePoint List works in Desktop but the connection fails when configuring data source for scheduled refresh in Report Server.

The documentation suggests that on premise SharePoint list is supported for scheduled refresh.
Can anyone confirm that this is true?

Thank you

Hi @AJM,

What authentication are you using for Sharepoint List on Power BI Desktop?

I am using a Windows login.

The same account also works when used in an SSRS style data source on the report server.
One thing I do notice is that the data source under the Management section of the report is locked in as SharePoint, not SharePoint List which, along with other posts here, got me wondering whether it was using the correct connection type.

Thanks

dustinn
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi Joe,

I also got the same problem where I can't scheduled refresh a SharePoint source on PBI Report Server (no microsoft login) and I believe it won't be implemented sooner or later. 

See  v-yulgu-msft's reply.

Workaround:

1. Manually publish the pbix report to PBI Report Server.

2. Get a local database tables of your SharePoint source (This is what I did - SQL Server).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.