Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KBO
MVP

Report Server Roles - Publisher

Hi,

I guess I have a problem with the Publisher role in Power BI Report Server. The documentation from MSFT said that:

-> Publisher role needs a additional Server role to set up a scheduele refresh, so far so good.

But I tested this with some Users and every User is able to set up a scheduele refresh for his own report. This must mean that every user is in the Server Admin role because only the Server Admin should be able to do this. I checked the permissons in the security settings in the SQL DB Reporting Service and the Server User have no such permission enabled.

So my question is:

Does that mean that every Publisher is out of the box enabled to set up thoose scheduel refreshs for there reports? Because otherwise I couldn't see the point were I'am able to disable this feature If I want to.

Also no Publisher is able to delete a refresh from another Publisher only his own report schedueles.

Best,

Kathrin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KBO
MVP

Ok after playing a little bit with the permissions in the Reporting Service I find out the following things:

Publisher persmissions.jpg

Best,

Kathrin

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KBO
MVP

Ok after playing a little bit with the permissions in the Reporting Service I find out the following things:

Publisher persmissions.jpg

Best,

Kathrin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.