Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bobjSrikanth
Frequent Visitor

Report Schedule error: Resource name and Location need to match

Hi There,

I have schedule a report in report server it got failed and thrown below error. Could you please help me in understanding the issue.

[0] -1055784932: Resource name and Location need to match. Resource name: SME LP DATE. Location: PolicyBased_36686F87_B3FA_4760_A613_9C6D47A37170.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

[1] -1055129594: The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.
[2] -1055784932: The command has been canceled.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

6 REPLIES 6
bobjSrikanth
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

and also other report having below error. For your information we have developed these reports using Power BI desktop version(Services) and reopened and uploaded to server using PBI desktop(Optimized for server).

If this is the problem is there any workaround to resolve the issue?

Kindly help me by provideing solution.

Error:

1056505856: COM error: Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ASEngineManagedRoot, V1 models are not supported by V3 execution framework..

Thanks,

Srikanth M

Hi @bobjSrikanth ,

For your information we have developed these reports using Power BI desktop version(Services) and reopened and uploaded to server using PBI desktop(Optimized for server).

Please don't use the normal PBI Desktop (Service) for creating reports running in Power BI Report Server. It is suggested to ALWAYS use the version of Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Report Server) that matches your Report Server version.

Then, please refer to this document to use tools for troubleshooting.

• Logs relevant for scheduled refresh of Power BI reports
  • Enabling Verbose Logging
  • ExecutionLog

For your data security, please don't share your log here. 

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Icey,

we have developed these reports in PBI desktop(service) and the same set of reports we need to deliver for other customer who is using PBI RS.

Please see the schedular log message below.

Resource name and Location need to match. Resource name: UW DATE SME. Location: PolicyBased_36686F87_B3FA_4760_A613_9C6D47A37170.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

UW DATE SME is one of the table in the model, I thought there is some issue with the table so I deleted the table and rescheduled but still getting same error(Even UW DATE SME removed from the model).

Hi @bobjSrikanth ,

we have developed these reports in PBI desktop(service) and the same set of reports we need to deliver for other customer who is using PBI RS.

So you just create report in normal PBI Desktop (for Service). After that you open it (the same one) in PBI Desktop (for Report Server) and upload it into Power BI Report Server. 

Please use PBI Desktop (Optimized for Report Server) to re-create your report and then upload to PBIRS. Do not just upload the one created in normal Desktop. Please check if the issue is still there after this.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bobjSrikanth ,

Could you share me more details?

1. What's your data source and connection type?

2. Does this report work before?

3. How about creating a new one?

4. Only this report has the issue or all of your reports have this issue?

5. What's your Power BI Report Server and Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Report Server) version? Can the latest version work for you?

Best Regards,

Icey

Hi Icey,

Thank you for your reply, please find the details below.

1. What's your data source and connection type?

SQL server import query

2. Does this report work before?

This is very first time we are scheduling (new environment). 

3. How about creating a new one?

All reports are having same issue.

4. Only this report has the issue or all of your reports have this issue?

All reports.

5. What's your Power BI Report Server and Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Report Server) version? Can the latest version work for you?

We are using September release PBI RS and pb desktop tool( optimised for rs September version). Using desktop tool I'm able to refresh the report.

Thanks and regards,

Srikanth

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.