Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report Export to Excel based on Schedule (Email,Shared Path)

Hi ,

we are using SQL enterprise edition,with which PowerBI Report server onpremise Aug2018 version we are deploying dashboards and reports.

here the way how SSRS reports output is scheduled to shared path or email (data driven,event driven etc) options.

simmilar option we are expecting for PowerBI tabular visuals to export to Excel or PDF based on a schedule.

1.Are there any third party tool which serve the need

2.Any near future plan of Microsoft to have this onpremise for PowerBI dashboards also

we have checked Christianstevens Product but it requires cloud Account of AzureAD or Office 365

any other tools please suggest.

4 REPLIES 4
adrez86
Helper I
Helper I

Answered this here

No short term plan for this feature but its in there long term backlog.

I dont know of any third party tool for report server but I haven't dug deep into that

DevScopeHelp
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

Have you tried PowerBI Robots yet? It allows you to set a schedule (from minutes to a year) to automatically export Power BI reports as PDF files (and images as well) and send them as an email attachment, to a SharePoint library, File system or a generated URL so you can display it on any device. It's very similar to the solution you linked to but doesn't have the requirements you mentioned.

If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask. We're from the team who developed it.

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

as said we dont want to move to cloud, any of our reports due to security.

i did go through this product as well not in depth,

please let me know whether this works with onpremise and direct query?

Hi,

Images and PDFs on PowerBI Robots are always generated locally, i.e., on the computer running the agent. The program doesn't currently support DirectQuery (you need to have your reports on Power BI Online), but our team is working on adding it in the next update. If you're not subscribed to the product's newsletter, we can contact you here once it's implemented.

Best regards,

The DevScope team

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.