Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wgpsysadmin

Report Date/Time is changing on scheduled

Hello,

I currently have a Power BI Report that is displaying data from a MySQL Server. I have a daily scheduled refresh that occurs at 11:00 PM daily. I have noticed that after the scheduled refresh, the report date/time has been changing. However, when I select the option to Edit in Power BI Desktop, the report opens and display the correct Date/Time information. 

I have tried recreating the report to see if there was an error with my table setting, but date/time is still changing. I have attached two images. The one on the left reflects the correct date/time, and the one on the right reflects the date/time displayed after the scheduled refresh.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Picture1.pngPicture2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

The most likely explanation for this is that the server running the refresh is using a different datetime offset to your local PC. If you are doing the refresh in the powerbi.com cloud service then the "servers" are all set to UTC time while your local PC looks to probably be set to UTC-6. You will probably need to add a step in your query to convert the datetimeoffset to a specific timezone. You can use the DateTimeZone.SwitchZone function https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerquery-m/datetimezone-switchzone to do this. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerrero
Helper II
Helper II

I have a similar issue, but just in one dashboard.
The local machine is set to UTC-6 (Mexico) and the PBIRS is set to UTC-6 (CST US)
Information locally shows correctly (Let’s say Today at 9:24am) but in the server the field in the dashboard shows FIVE HOURS ahead (Today 14:24 PM!!!!)
Any ideas on:
- why is this only dashboard showing the wrong time? The other dashboards were created in the same local computer and published in the same server.
- why 5 hours? Both machines are in UTC-6, daylight turned on.

Any help will be appreciated.

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wgpsysadmin ,

Agree with the explanation given by @d_gosbell . If the problem has been solved you can mark the reply for the standard answer to help the other members find it more quickly. If not, please point it out.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
Henry

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

The most likely explanation for this is that the server running the refresh is using a different datetime offset to your local PC. If you are doing the refresh in the powerbi.com cloud service then the "servers" are all set to UTC time while your local PC looks to probably be set to UTC-6. You will probably need to add a step in your query to convert the datetimeoffset to a specific timezone. You can use the DateTimeZone.SwitchZone function https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerquery-m/datetimezone-switchzone to do this. 

@d_gosbell thank you for this! I was able to Use the DateTimeZone.SwitchZone function, and after verifying my scheduled refresh, this worked. Much appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.