Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report Builder says I don't have "Premium License" (but I do)

Hello there! Has anyone run into this before? 

I recently got a PowerBi Premium license so that I could use PowerBi Report Builder. But even though I signed into my organizational account when opening the app, when I go to publish my report, I get an error saying that don't have the right license.

Thoughts?

2021-11-04_11-14-13.png2021-11-04_11-13-02.png

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @bradsy ,

Thank you! I'm so confused- How do I turn a workspace into a "premium workspace"? I always get so confused with PowerBi licenses...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @bradsy . Is that what this means- I have to upgrade to 6k per mnth subscription to get a workspace with "capacities"?image (3).png

It depends on settings from your admin, but the license mode for workspaces includes Premium Per User. You can access the settings on your workspace and assign PPU if you have the permissions.

bradsy
Employee
Employee

Hi Munchkinlander,

The workspace you publish to needs to be a premium workspace. You will see the diamond icon next to the workspace if it is premium.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.