Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Report Builder - How to fit full report on one page?

I have a report that has 11 columns, and it won't export to one page on pdf for some reason. It splits the data in half and the other columns continue on the next page (Why would anyone want this from this product??) Even when I change the page layout, those settings don't persist and it still splits the data. I've exausted all of the settings an options. 

Can anyone please help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I solved it. For anyone else having issues with this - you can adjust the size of the page in design view by hovering mouse over the edge then dragging to adjust. This should be one of the first things you do - because the page will start out too wide. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I solved it. For anyone else having issues with this - you can adjust the size of the page in design view by hovering mouse over the edge then dragging to adjust. This should be one of the first things you do - because the page will start out too wide. 

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Report Builder will print *exactly* what you have layed out on the page. It does not have an auto fit feature

If we take A4 paper for example, it's 21cm wide. If you have the default 2cm margins this leaves you with 17cm of printable space. If each of your 11 columns are 2cm wide this means 5cm of your report would need to be printed on a second page.

The best way to fit this to 1 page is to reduce the width of your columns and maybe reduce your font size until everything fits into the printable area. Reducing the margins can help too, but many printers have limits on how small the margins can go.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have the font set to the smallest size (8), and have reduced the width of the columns to the point that the field names are truncated. How do I adjust the margins? Every time I adjust them in the page setup, they reset to 1 inch margins when I run the report. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.