cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Report Builder Data Set Query Designer Date Filter Expression

Hi,

In the report builder I am using the Query Designer to build tables. But I can't figure out the "filter expression" to show anything created after 5/1/2020. I've tried normal DAX expressions but I keep getting errors(I'm new at them so I could have gotten them wrong). I have been using "Contains" under the field "Operator" and tried using excel forumals <5/1/2020. Im just not getting it right. Any help would be appreciated.

Side question. Is there a DAX expression tool maker?

Thanks,

Jeremy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Report Builder Data Set Query Designer Date Filter Expression

@jdivina wrote:

I have been using "Contains" under the field "Operator" and tried using excel forumals <5/1/2020.

Contains is not correct. It will be looking for the literal text "<5/1/2020" in your date column.

If you use the "Range (Exclusive)" operator and then just pick a start date it will produce a query that returns everything after the specified date.

2020-05 report builder date range.png

Not really, the query builder is the closest tool that does this. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Report Builder Data Set Query Designer Date Filter Expression

@jdivina wrote:

I have been using "Contains" under the field "Operator" and tried using excel forumals <5/1/2020.

Contains is not correct. It will be looking for the literal text "<5/1/2020" in your date column.

If you use the "Range (Exclusive)" operator and then just pick a start date it will produce a query that returns everything after the specified date.

2020-05 report builder date range.png

Not really, the query builder is the closest tool that does this. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Who are our Super User Superstars? Who made it to the top of the leaderboards? Get the answers!

June 2020 Community Highlights

June 2020 Community Highlights

Featured community members, changes to the Community, and more! Read up on recent Power BI community news.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors