Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Remove authentication prompt when accessing report

Good morning, I installed the PBI Report Server to test and run the reports on an intranet (it will only work inside the internal environment behind the company's firewall).

However, when accessing the reports, a user and password are requested and I would like to remove this prompt to not request any authentication.

I want the report to load directly after accessing the address, as I intend to make the report available on the television browser embed as well.

How can I do this? (I tried to pass the user and password parameter to the report but it didn't work)

Versions used:

- Microsoft Power BI Report Server (May 2020)

- SQL SERVER 2019 Developer Edition (15.2002.4709.1) (Both in PT-BR)

10 REPLIES 10

The "Custom-Form Authentication" method is very complex for me ... unfortunately: /

@KBOand @saglamtimur 
You can tell me if it works to pass the login through the prompt by the URL?

For example:

http://myusername@mypassword:C0073027_00:80/relatorios/powerbi/ReportDigital?rs:embed=true

saglamtimur
Resolver II
Resolver II

I have found below link for Firefox and Chrome, but not tested.

Configuring Chrome and Firefox for Windows Integrated Authentication 

If my post solved your problem, mark my post as a solution to help others to quickly find it and also please give it a 👍

saglamtimur
Resolver II
Resolver II

If you are using windows authentication the only solution I found is configuring "Internet Options" on every client, which is time consuming, but working. We are all using "IE" or "Edge" so this setting reflects both. I do not how to change this setting for other browser, as we don't use them. Here are the steps if your clients and server in the same domain, and clients log on their PCs using AD credentials.

• Open "Internet options"->security->local intranet -> sites ->advanced
  • Add your report address
  • Enable automatic log on only in local intranet in "Internet options"->security->custom level->check Enable automatic log on only in local intranet->OK

If my post solved your problem, mark my post as a solution to help others to quickly find it and also please give it a 👍

@saglamtimur your suggestion will not be good for me, because my environment is no longer the same as several browsers, including the TVs where they intend to display the reports.

I would like a solution where I perform the procedure only Server

KBO
MVP

Hi @gustavoandrade ,

may be this will help: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Power-Bi-report-Authentication/m-p/711247#M10597

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

@KBO 

I will try this option of "Custom-Form Authentication" then.

In this case, there is no parameter to be configured in the REPORT SERVER to not request this authentication, right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  gustavoandrade, 

I have same problem. I would like to also display reports onTv. So I want to know that did you solved your problem?

I couldn't solve it using Power BI, I made a simple solution in PHP / MYSQL / ChartsJS

hi @gustavoandrade, I have the same problem, can you share your simple solution with me?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.