Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jacobfrp
Frequent Visitor

Relative Positioning on Shapes Changing Based on Resolution

I'm trying to create a sort of dynamic PNL using the basic matrix visualization. The issue is that I want subtotals for each of the bolded catergories, and then a grand total (Net Income).  I've created a matrix that functions properly, but there are extra lines of data that repeat catergory sums. In order to negate this issue, I placed grey shapes over the unwanted rows to hide them. The issue is that when I view the report on screens of different resolutions, the shapes move slightly. This movement will cause the shapes to be covering the wrong rows of data.

Is there any way to either A) lock the shapes in place relative to the matrix or B) insert custom subtotal rows in a matrix? 

Attached is a screenshot of the first column of this matrix, with the shapes in place below "Total Utilities" and "Taxes & Insurance"

jacobfrp_1-1631744042113.png

3 REPLIES 3
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jacobfrp ,

How about hiding unused rows based on expression and Visibility section? And here is an example: How to Hide Unused Rows in a Tablix | Ask Garth.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jacobfrp ,

Can this meet your requirements?

Best Regards,

Icey

jacobfrp
Frequent Visitor

The way it is currently organized, no. The problem is that the individual items are grouped into different categories as follows:

1. NOI

2.CNOI

1.EGI

2.Controllable Expenses

2. (Blank)

3. Non-Controllable Expenses

2.(Blank)

2. (Blank)

4. Non-operating Expenses

It is organized as such because of the specific subtotals that I need included. I want to get rid of all of the rows that say (blank) but still keep their place in the hierarchy.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.