Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Maureen
Helper III
Helper III

Refreshing Power BI Report

I scheduled a refresh to my online Power BI dataset and it updated successfully.  However, the Power BI Report did not automatically refresh with the new data.  Is there a delay?  How long?  I know the published to the web version takes about an hour from the Power BI Report.  But, how long does the Power BI report take to automatically refresh from the refreshed online data set?

4 REPLIES 4
manalla
Helper V
Helper V

Hi,

Are you saying that you have a dataset in Report  server that is refreshed? And the same dataset is used in Power BI report, but latest data is not seen in Power BI report?

Thanks

That's correcct.  I know that if I manaully refresh on the report page it will update but I want this to happen automatically since the data was refreshed.

Power BI Report as such also needs to be scheduled. In this case, dataset is refreshed, but Power BI is connected to your dataset in Import Mode (not live connection/direct query).

This means, you need to refresh your power bi report as soon as dataset refresh is complete or so.  Then Power BI Report will refresh, fetch data to model and then update the values for you.  Just clicking on refresh will not work.

Thanks

Manoj

If I click "Refresh" in the report, it does update.  Is there a way for me to schedule it automatically?  I don't see that option?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.