Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AlexanderAT
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh problem - "contains blank values and this is not allowed for columns"

Hello

I'm getting this error when trying to refresh my dataset: 

Column 'date' in Table 'Budget' contains blank values and this is not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship or for columns that are used as the primary key of a table. Table: Budget.

I have tried everything I could find on the forum, importing the "budget" table to my report again and nothing is working - and there is no blank in the data to start with.

Furthermore, there is no problem when I refresh the data on the desktop version and I can upload it fine.

All suggestions are welcomed 

Alexander

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @AlexanderAT,

It would not throw error if you clean trailing and leading spaces in your data in PQ Transformation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Bhavesh

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jvanarsdale
Frequent Visitor

Got me on the right path... thank you!

BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @AlexanderAT,

It would not throw error if you clean trailing and leading spaces in your data in PQ Transformation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Bhavesh

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.