Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jrussi1301
Frequent Visitor

Refresh error. Log shows .NET issues

We have a reports which refresh worked well on PBRS january 2020 version. After the may 2020 update, it stopped to refresh. The log error message says:

|Error Processing Data Model Refresh: SessionId: xx, Status: Error Failed to refresh the model, Exception Microsoft.AnalysisServices.OperationException: Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'This feature requires installing a newer version of the .NET framework. To use it, you must install at least 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5': https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=528259. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

We run it on a Windows 2012 Server with .Net 4.8. The report refrehs flawless on the PB Desktop.

Any hint?

5 REPLIES 5
zzzeagle
Frequent Visitor

I am getting a simillar error on one of my reports.

• Report Server May 2020
  • Only one report is having the issue
  • The report previously refreshed without issue on RS May 2020
  • I made a change to the report and now get this error:
    • [0] -1055784932: This feature requires installing a newer version of the .NET framework. To use it, you must install at least 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5': https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=528259. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
  • The server has .NET 4.6 installed

I fixed my issue.

I was connecting to a Web data source that was supposed to be a TSV file. However, I forgot the parameter to make the file a TSV. So instead Power BI was converting the HTML page with the data I needed.  This refreshed fine in Power BI Desktop but not Server. I fixed my URL parameters to export to TSV and now the report refreshes without the .NET error.

How you did that ?

alexzarach
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue with Windows Server 2016, .NET 4.6, Report Server May 2020 release

Downgrade to january/2020 version solved to us. Beware, the database schema changed. It is not a easy process. Save the original .PBIXs if you need a complete re-install.

Seens to me that this bug is already solved in the new versions of the server, but we will wait until next version to try a new upgrade.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.