Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Real time with multiple data sources

Hi,

I am trying to understand how real time reporting works especially when there are multiple data resources like Azure direct query, share point api, dovico api, service now api.

please direct me there are any tutorials available. Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! But even with direct query I have to refresh the report then only it shows new data right? It's not real time trigger? 

No, no need to refresh data for direct query. I suggest that you go through this article to understand more - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-data#datasets-in-directqueryliveconne...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Shahfaisal
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Anonymous wrote:

I am trying to understand how real time reporting works especially when there are multiple data resources like Azure direct query, share pointapii,dovicooapii, service nowapii. 

Real-time reporting of data is depends on how you setup you refresh process in Power BI Service, With direct query, Power BI doesn't import any data, and the data is always real-time so you don't need to setup any refresh. However, with other connections such as API where you are importing data into Power BI, the real-time attribute depends on how frequently you are refreshing your data in Power BI Service. If you are only refreshing once a night, then your data is updated once a night. If you are refreshing every hours, then your data is updated once an hour.

I suggest you go through this - Data refresh in Power BI

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! But even with direct query I have to refresh the report then only it shows new data right? It's not real time trigger? 

@Anonymous wrote:

No, no need to refresh data for direct query. I suggest that you go through this article to understand more - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-data#datasets-in-directqueryliveconne...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help! yes I see it now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.