Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wellf100
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Import hangs after upgrading to Sept 21

Hi Janey, ok thanks.  

One other issue is that in previous versions, when hovering over the table name, it would say the last refresh date/time.  This doesn't show in the new version.  Can this be reinstated (in RS version) as it was very useful?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello@wellf100  @d_gosbell 

This issue has been submitted internally. Internal ICM ID:271810249 Please be patient to wait for fixing or explain. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Update: This has been fixed in more recent versions of PBI Desktop. Currently preparing an update to Desktop for RS September 2021

Update: Fix is released

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@v-janeyg-msft Our production instance is still running the Jan 21 release and I can confirm that the last refresh date is present on the table tooltip (see below). We usually only deploy every second update unless there is some specific functionality that we want to make available so I'm not sure if this changed in the May or Sep release.

d_gosbell_0-1636667273495.png

d_gosbell_1-1636667324130.png

Hello@wellf100  @d_gosbell 

This issue has been submitted internally. Internal ICM ID:271810249 Please be patient to wait for fixing or explain. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Update: This has been fixed in more recent versions of PBI Desktop. Currently preparing an update to Desktop for RS September 2021

Update: Fix is released

Best Regards,

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@wellf100 

Are you sure this phenomenon exists in the previous version of rs desktop? 

vjaneygmsft_0-1636524670130.png

I haven’t noticed before, the new rs desktop version indeed doesn't have it, it only exists in pbi desktop.

Sorry, I'm just a technical support engineer. If you have ideas, You can sumbit idea here.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Morning Janey, i'm 100% sure it was in previous RS versions.  I can get a screenshot from one of my collegues who didn't upgrade if you want.  This is a simple but extremely useful feature and I'd be greatful if you could pass on the request to reinstate it to the dev team.

Thanks,

Hi, @wellf100 

Can you provide a screenshot of your test and the version number to let me confirm it?

I will also download the previous version for testing tomorrow, if I can reproduce it, I will report an issue.

Best Regards,

sure thing.  here's the version

wellf100_0-1636626588880.png

and here's the tooltip on the table:

wellf100_1-1636626640032.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.