Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JoaoFerreira

RSCustomDaxFilter

RSCustomDaxFilter seems to generate an error when running on a datasource using powerbi report server.

If I connect directly the RDL to azure AS it will work.

Is there a workaround for this issue. ?

Does anyone confirm this limitation ?

Best regards.

2 REPLIES 2
JoaoFerreira

So i have this (for testing) simple dataset

EVALUATE SUMMARIZECOLUMNS('Date'[Year], RSCustomDaxFilter(@DateYear,EqualToCondition,[Date].[Year],Int64))

And let's say i choose 2018 and 2019, and with the RDL connected directly to Azure analysis services (asazure://northeurope.asazure.windows.net/servernameeeeee) it will work fine.

Let say i publish this to PBI report server and change to a shared Datasource connected to the same server (as i do with all reports on report server) it will stop working.

At the report server log i get

processing!ReportServer_0-5!27f8!07/03/2019-10:09:06:: e ERROR: An exception has occurred in data set 'DataSet1'. Details: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset 'DataSet1'. ---> Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdErrorResponseException: Query (1, 41) Failed to resolve name 'RSCustomDaxFilter'. It is not a valid table, variable, or function name.

Best regards.

bradsy
Employee
Employee

Can you describe your scenario more? RSCustomDaxFilter is meant to use in a dax query from PBI RS server to AS server. RS does an internal translation of the query string.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.