cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JoaoFerreira Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

RSCustomDaxFilter

RSCustomDaxFilter seems to generate an error when running on a datasource using powerbi report server.

If I connect directly the RDL to azure AS it will work.

Is there a workaround for this issue. ?

Does anyone confirm this limitation ?

Best regards.

2 REPLIES 2
Microsoft bradsy
Microsoft

Re: RSCustomDaxFilter

Can you describe your scenario more? RSCustomDaxFilter is meant to use in a dax query from PBI RS server to AS server. RS does an internal translation of the query string.

JoaoFerreira Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: RSCustomDaxFilter

So i have this (for testing) simple dataset

EVALUATE SUMMARIZECOLUMNS('Date'[Year], RSCustomDaxFilter(@DateYear,EqualToCondition,[Date].[Year],Int64))

And let's say i choose 2018 and 2019, and with the RDL connected directly to Azure analysis services (asazure://northeurope.asazure.windows.net/servernameeeeee) it will work fine.

Let say i publish this to PBI report server and change to a shared Datasource connected to the same server (as i do with all reports on report server) it will stop working.

At the report server log i get

processing!ReportServer_0-5!27f8!07/03/2019-10:09:06:: e ERROR: An exception has occurred in data set 'DataSet1'. Details: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset 'DataSet1'. ---> Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdErrorResponseException: Query (1, 41) Failed to resolve name 'RSCustomDaxFilter'. It is not a valid table, variable, or function name.

Best regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!