cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
funkigreendog
Frequent Visitor

RLS in app

I've created a report which contains dynamic RLS restiricting data via UPN.

From reading the documentation I understand that this will only be applied to Viewers in the workspace. In the app, however I was expecting this to apply for all users. This doesn't seem to be the case.

Is there any way to force RLS to be applied for all users (or at least all users other than admins)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@funkigreendog 

Unfortunately, there is no way to make RLS applied to roles other than Viewers.

The RLS roles can only be applied to read-only members. In new workspace, it is "viewer" and in classic workspace, it is "members can only view Power bi content".

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@funkigreendog 

Unfortunately, there is no way to make RLS applied to roles other than Viewers.

The RLS roles can only be applied to read-only members. In new workspace, it is "viewer" and in classic workspace, it is "members can only view Power bi content".

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

April Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the April 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.