Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

teros
Helper I
Helper I

REST API for PBIRS w/customSecuritySample - how to include cookies?

Still trying to use the REST API for the on-premise Power BI Report Server with the CustomSecuritySample. I know that I need to supply the authentication cookie that is supplied when I log into the site, but so far, I can't seem to figure out how to specify the cookies properly in the header.  I'm using the Swagger library for my REST API calls.

I've tried adding a "Cookie" entry via AddDefaultHeader - the method call doesn't generate an error, but Fidder cannot see any cookies.  Is there some other method I should be using to load the cookies with the Swagger objects?

Any suggestions?

code example:

var server = "myinstance.mysite.com";
            string apiString = string.Format("https://{0}/reportsbi/api/v2.0", server);

var clientCI = new CatalogItemsApi(apiString);
            clientCI.AddDefaultHeader("Content-Type", "application/json;charset=utf-8");
            clientCI.AddDefaultHeader("Cookie", ".ASPXAUTH=" + cookieValue + ";X-XSRF-NONCE=" + nonce + ";X-XSRF-TOKEN=" + token);

ODataCatalogItems cItems = clientCI.GetCatalogItems();

1 REPLY 1
AfsarP1
Helper IV
Helper IV

@teros Were you able to get through the cookies process?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.