cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teros
Helper I
Helper I

REST API for PBIRS w/customSecuritySample - how to include cookies?

Still trying to use the REST API for the on-premise Power BI Report Server with the CustomSecuritySample. I know that I need to supply the authentication cookie that is supplied when I log into the site, but so far, I can't seem to figure out how to specify the cookies properly in the header.  I'm using the Swagger library for my REST API calls.

I've tried adding a "Cookie" entry via AddDefaultHeader - the method call doesn't generate an error, but Fidder cannot see any cookies.  Is there some other method I should be using to load the cookies with the Swagger objects?

Any suggestions?

code example:

var server = "myinstance.mysite.com";
            string apiString = string.Format("https://{0}/reportsbi/api/v2.0", server);

var clientCI = new CatalogItemsApi(apiString);
            clientCI.AddDefaultHeader("Content-Type", "application/json;charset=utf-8");
            clientCI.AddDefaultHeader("Cookie", ".ASPXAUTH=" + cookieValue + ";X-XSRF-NONCE=" + nonce + ";X-XSRF-TOKEN=" + token);

ODataCatalogItems cItems = clientCI.GetCatalogItems();

1 REPLY 1
AfsarP1
Helper IV
Helper IV

@teros Were you able to get through the cookies process?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

BizApps LATAM 2023

Business Application LATAM Summit 2023

Join the biggest FREE Business Applications Event in LATAM this February.

Power Platform Bootcamp

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

In this bootcamp we will deep-dive into Microsoft’s Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, delivered to you by experts and community leaders.