Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
George1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Published Report Can't connect to CSV file on network share

Hi,

I have a published Power BI Report that has a SQL Connect and 3 CSV's and and 1 XLSX.

All CSV and XLSX files are auto generated from an internal application and placed on the file share nightly.

When I refresh this report within Power BI Desktop, it works fine and is able to import the data.

When I publish to the report server and go to the data source of the report and enter in the credentials, I get the following error.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
luisrh Member

Re: Published Report Can't connect to CSV file on network share

your issue here is more than likely that the service account running PBI Report Server doesn't have access to the share. When refreshing from the service,  that is the account used to access the shares.   Ensure that account can see the shares and has READ access to it.   That should resolve your issue.

When you do it thru PBI desktop you are running it under your account that has access to the shares etc...

good luck!

Luis.

George1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks,

Your post put me in the right direction. The usename and password that had access needed to be added on both servers

3 REPLIES 3
luisrh Member

your issue here is more than likely that the service account running PBI Report Server doesn't have access to the share. When refreshing from the service,  that is the account used to access the shares.   Ensure that account can see the shares and has READ access to it.   That should resolve your issue.

When you do it thru PBI desktop you are running it under your account that has access to the shares etc...

good luck!

Luis.

George1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks,

Your post put me in the right direction. The usename and password that had access needed to be added on both servers

luisrh Member

Great to hear!

thanks