Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lorenzolancio
Frequent Visitor

Publish to web real-time with Direct Query on SQL server

Hello there 🙂

I have connected a a SQL Server Database with 'On-permises Data Gateway' and i used DirectQuery to get a data table from the database.

Now i would like to publish a real-time report on the web, but when i refresh the web page on the browser the data are not updated. The web page show me the latest data updated manually on PowerBI Desktop.

I thought that everytime that i refresh the page, the query will update the data n the browser, but it doesn't works.

How can i do to connect the web page directly to the server?

Thanks

Bye

Lorenzo

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any news here?

I think the queries are still not being transfered directly from the web version to the Server connected via DirectQuery, right?

Any way to make this work?

quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @lorenzolancio

With DirectQuery the data refresh every hour.

It can takes time to refresh for the service sometimes

- Quentin

Hi Quentin,

I'm not understanding what you're saying.

If I connect to the server using Import, I can then create a Refresh Schedule to run that query. But DirectQuery doesn't work on Refresh Schedules. So what do you mean by "With DirectQuery the data refresh every hour"?

My understanding of a DirectQuery is that it is a live connection to the server which should run the query when you at least open or refresh the book?

This is in the Report Server part of the forum, so not using the cloud Service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.