Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Publish report created on Power BI Desktop (regular) on Power bi Report Server.

Hello, my question is simple: There is any way to be able to publish on my report server reports that i've created on the "regular" Power BI Desktop? 

I have some reports that i want to publish on Service and share it with several people that have Pro License but I also want to publish them in my on premise Report Server (like that, other people in my company that doesn't have Pro License can check data). Is this possible? 

Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

you may need Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Power BI Report Server ) not regular to do this.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56723

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pborah
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Could you try opening the pbix with the desktop editor for your version of Report Server? If so, then you should be able to do a "Save As" to Power BI report server? 

FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

you may need Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Power BI Report Server ) not regular to do this.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56723

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

You don't need the special version as long as you are careful not to use unsupported features.  Report Server will upload it just fine.  I know because I just tested it.

pabeader
Post Patron
Post Patron

Pull the report into Power BI for Report Server, then push to Report Server is the 'safest' way.  But you could also just upload it in the Report Server from the portal.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.