Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ssce
Frequent Visitor

Problem with data refresh after update of data source

I have an automated the process of restoring the Power BI Report server database from production environment to development environment. After the restore I update the data sources to reflect the changes required within development environment. This works fine and I can browse to the reports and "Test connection" says "Connected successfully".

However the schedule data refresh fails and shows the original data source as the cause of the error. So it seems that the "data refresh" is using another data source which has not been updated in the process.

The error in the data refresh is "1055784932: Credentials are required to connect to the SQL source. (Source at prod;msdb.). The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface."

Any idea where this data source is saved and how it can be updated?
Thx
Stefan 

2 REPLIES 2
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

does your automated process also create the automated schedule of the report in PBIRS?

Looks like it is failing as soon as it tries to execute the schedule as all of the schedules created in msdb. Delete the schedule and try re-creates one should do the job.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Unfortunately I does not make any difference when creating a new schedule.

The same error comes up pointing to the production data source instead av the dev data source.

It seems like it is saved in a second place or it is some kind of cache which is not updated.

Any more suggestions?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.