Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with PBIRS Oct2020 when trying to upload a model.

Hi all,

Just installed the Oct2020 update on the report server and also the dekstop optimized for RS Oct2020. I have a major issue...

Just opened the file, saved it and tried to import on the report server and it's impossible because it says that I have a issue with the file (did nothing else than saving...). I tried to upload another file (not modified in Oct2020 update) and it works. 

I tried to open the corrupted file (by the oct2020 update) with the may2020 version and of course I can't... I've lost a week of work...

Any help here to solve this update issue or any trick to open the file with the May version?

Help much appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Petebro and thank you for the feedback. I just tried the new version and now I can upload the model on the PBIRS. The issue now is that it's impossible to refresh, impossible to find credentials...

AnthonyDF_0-1606138122665.png

The refresh is working perfectly on the exactly same report edited with May2020 desktop version.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Petebro Hi,
Have you eard about this issue or am I the only one? Thanks.

Hi @Anonymous we have recently updated the server and desktop for October 2020 with a servicing release that should hopefully fix exactly what you are seeing. Please see the latest versions found on the Microsoft download page:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=57270

Once the Report Server is upgraded it should enable you to open the new version of the workbook and publish it to your Report Server.  Please let me know if that is not the case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.